Keep it simple is a lot better said than done. For this reasons, let’s look at some ideas for the positioning fixed annuities to find more sales.
There are still a lot of investors who are looking for fixed options in their portfolio, and they are looking for:
- Alternatives to their CDs that are maturing.
- Ways to diversify their portfolio and reduce investment risk.
Studies have shown that many prospective buyers have a negative reaction to hearing the term “Annuity”. They are much more receptive to talking about savings accounts, CDs, mutual funds, stocks, and bonds due to their familiarity. Annuities are finally getting some respect.
BUT, the good news is that prospective clients are very receptive to the concepts and benefits provided by an annuity.
Keep It Simple Positioning
It is important to have more conceptual conversations in positioning an annuity sale. You have to KEEP IT SIMPLE and asked your clients the following 3 questions.
- Would a fixed rate of return that exceeds that of a CD be of interest?
- Would you like to have an investment in your portfolio that could provide a guaranteed lifetime income stream, if necessary?
- Should we look at a product with tax-deferral as a way to lower your overall tax burden each year?
Changing the conversation will overcome the objections and drive more sales for you! Give it a try and see positive results. We would love to hear about your successes!
Use our online annuity quote tool. We will be happy to help you with your quoting needs.